Technology – Tech Ops
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
The Reliability Engineering team is at the core of Zopa. The team is pivotal to the day to day running of all IT systems for our external customers. With our technology currently spread across two data centres and in the cloud, we are continuing to expand our IT estate to cope with the continued demand of our services.
About the role:
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will form part of the team which is not only responsible for the daily running of IT systems, but also for contributing to where Zopa IT is going next. Zopa utilises multiple technologies across a large number of applications and the team is responsible for supporting the entire stack from hardware through to delivery of applications. Within the Zopa Agile environment you will be exposed to rapid change and the adoption of the latest technologies to further enhance the Zopa systems.
- Project Management
- VMware (ESXi, VSphere) v6+ and Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP, or any other relevant)
- Networking, SDN (NSX, Open vSwitch, OpenContrail) and security
- Load balancers and Firewalls (eg. F5 LTM and Juniper srx or Cisco ASA)
- Microsoft Windows and Linux, Server Systems
- Netapp and IBM Storage
- Have initiative and the ability to plan and prioritise work efficiently
- Have attention to detail and commitment to quality
Ideally, you will also have had some experience of:
- Scripting languages (Powershell, PowerCli)
- Programming languages (Golang, Java or C#)
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.