Operations Manager - Payments
Operations – Client/Customer Service
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
We have a new, exciting opportunity for a Payments Operations Manager to provide operational expertise, leadership and process enhancements to the growing Payments team.
Leading the payments operations team and taking full responsibility for the day to day duties of the team, this role will a challenging and extremely rewarding opportunity :)
Responsibilities for the role of Payment Operations Manager:
- Leading payments processes across Zopa and the payment operations team, taking full responsibility for the day to day financial duties of the team
- Lead the development and implementation of process management and ensure operational risks are properly managed and mitigated
- Owner of all payments business requirements and relationship with Tech teams to ensure delivery against those requirements in a rapidly changing business.
- Responsibility of accurate and timely processing of BACs, CHAPs and Faster Payments transactions
- Actively be involved in driving process change and improvements, implementing industry accepted best practices, critical tools and process automation.
- Develop and provide appropriate MI to management and leadership teams.
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of AML, KYC, banking sanctions and FCA regulations to ensure that handling of customer accounts and client funds fully complies at all times within these rules and guidelines
- Own all key banking relationships and manage all operational components of those relationships – including supplier performance and compliance, escalation, and business-as-usual
- Working with stakeholders to ensure design and implement the appropriate finance processes with the introduction of new products
- Own payment issues from beginning to end, working with internal teams and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion
Experience required for the role of Payment Operations Manager:
- 5 years + Operations experience with 3+ years of that minimum in Payments
- It is essential that you have a customer focussed background and that you have a good understanding of retail banking / payments in general
- You will need strong knowledge of payments including the processes and regulatory requirements which support customer transactions
- Must be a self-motivated individual with good attention to detail, commercial awareness with good judgement and decision making skills
- Strong influencing and communications to drive actions across the business
- Instinctively understand what constitutes a well-controlled payments function. Limits, authorisations, purpose of checks (integrity, security, AML)
- Strong Operational mind set
- Process enhancement skills, improving, fixing and streamlining
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure & Systems – must be able to explain the systems they work with and how the payments infrastructure works
- Knowledge of payment related risk
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to communicate at all levels
- Proven experience in a managerial or lead role
- Strong analytical skills that will allow good reporting and understanding of problems.
- Strong excel skills
- Exposure to working in an FCA regulated environment (knowledge of FCA policies)
- Educated to minimum of A-level standard, with minimum of Grade C at GCSE English and Maths
- Understanding of the CASS rules and regulations desirable
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.