Customer Service - Team Manager
Operations – Borrower CS
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
We are looking for a Customer Service - Team Manager to join the Customer Services team on a full-time basis. We are currently open from 8-8 Monday to Thursday, 9-5 Fridays and have a weekend team who service our customers between 10am - 4pm
, the successful candidate will be expected to work 2 weekends per month.
As the Borrower Manager you will be responsible for the coordination, oversight and maintenance of high performance in the Borrower Services team. You will be supported by two Team Leaders and two Weekend Supervisors in maintaining a positively engaged and motivated team.
You will first and most importantly be a people person who is able to build strong relationships with people from different walks of life. It is incredibly important that you are a manager who can quickly get to know their team, understands them and is incredibly approachable as well as genuinely interested and invested in their professional growth and development.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Lead by example - an advocate of the Zopa values and behaviours, actively working within the ethos you set, encouraging your team to work to the same standard
- Manage the rota, to ensure adequate cover throughout the working week
- With the support of the Head of Customer Service - responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organisation and control of Borrower Services team to accomplish specific objectives
- Effectively manage and provide direction for obtaining results through the teams, ensuring all work is delivered to service level agreements through motivation and skills development
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the teams, especially in terms of quality of service, and make any necessary adjustments. Collaborating with our Quality Control team, identifying training needs to ensure that the standard of service being provided to our customers meets the standards set out by Zopa
- Manage the operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible – reporting findings to the Head of Customer Service
- Collaborate with Team Leaders and relevant departments to formulate all practices, procedures, templates and scripts which adhere to compliance rules
- Liaise with all relevant departments throughout the business to develop solutions for recurring customer issues in order to reduce calls, emails, complaints and escalations
- Hold regular meetings with all relevant departments to ensure all members of the team are fully trained on system changes, new products, product enhancements and upgrades to the Zopa website including procedures, guidance and legislation to deal with customer enquiries
- Maintain and develop a thorough and up-to-date working knowledge of Zopa’s services including procedures, guidance and legislation to deal with customer enquiries
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Proven management or leadership experience
- Experience in Customer Services management within the regulated financial services environment
- Total understanding of FCA requirements and obligations towards TCF principles
- Ability to comply with organisation policies and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- You will be results focused, ensuring that the team is consistently meeting performance metrics - KPIs and SLAs
- Demonstrate that the customer is at the heart of the business through behaviours and mind-set
- The ability to handle pressure, make decisions and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritising and triaging obligations
- A proven leader, proactive and can manage and motivate a team
- Ability to show initiative/forward thinking and be proactive
- A clear and thorough communication style, competent of communicating at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail, whilst having the ability to connect the detail with the wider context
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills
- Ability to develop employees through motivation, leadership, coaching and training
- Ability to effectively work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to make, fair, consistent and objective judgments
A word from Yemi, our Head of Customer Services!
"In Customer Service our mission is to deliver an exceptional experience to everyone who contacts us, by putting our customers first and providing clear, accurate and friendly help.
Providing an exceptional level of service to every customer every time is our first order of business. We do this by recruiting people who genuinely care about our customers, we then train them up so that they know their stuff and give them the tools required for exceptional execution!
Customer Service is a great place to learn, develop and grow and has seen many employees moving on to other areas in the business. We’re a dynamic team full of passion and positivity – we’re all here for the same cause and we all enjoy making every customer interaction with us a memorable one"
So if this sounds like a bit of you – please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.