Experience Design Tribe – Experience Design Tribe /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
As a Service Designer, you will lead design initiatives that impact end-to-end customer journeys and design experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. Your work will have a meaningful impact on a large scale. You'll be working with teams of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other stakeholders to lead the design of services that deliver on user needs and business objectives.
This is a newly created position; we're looking for someone who can take a leadership role in advocating for service design across the business. We’re looking for someone who can bring a combination of customer empathy, strategic thinking and creative facilitation to the challenge!
A day in the life:
- You'll lead projects to design services that work for a wide variety of people across Zopa’s product ecosystem.
- You'll support the Product Designers embedded in our product tribes on end-to-end projects from defining the challenge and understanding the problem through to bringing them to life in digital experiences.
- Facilitating design workshops, design sprints and another collaborative activities to bring stakeholders together.
- Leading high quality research on multiple aspects of how users engage with products and experiences and turning insights into service opportunities.
- Pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better.
- You'll be accountable for your growth as an individual practitioner and the growth of your peers.
- You'll be an advocate for the needs of Zopa's current and potential customers.
- You'll communicate outcomes to diverse audiences through stories and verbal presentations.
- You may have a degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field, and have proven practical experience.
- You have qualitative research experience on both discovery and validation design problems and a passion for explaining insights in a way that other people understand. Experience improving and innovating on research tools and methods is a bonus.
- You have experience taking complex and ambiguous problems and solving them in unusual and innovative ways, embracing a curious and flexible mindset, Iterative thinking and ‘learning by doing’.
- You can demonstrate conceptual thinking and visualisation, envisioning journeys, systems, ecosystems etc. in a way that is usable and clear for many different stakeholders.
- You are able to see the ‘big picture’, with a toolkit of service design, innovation and design thinking processes and the ability to apply the right tool for the task.
- You are a guide and coach for designers in your areas of expertise on projects, so you’ll be a genuine team player and keen to contribute more broadly to our design community.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
- You have a passion for inclusivity and accessibility.
Please include in your application a portfolio of work showing your process from challenge to solution and its impact. Ideally your portfolio will show tangible work examples of your different approaches and deliverables. Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.