Senior Compliance Manager - Contract
Operations – Compliance
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
We are looking for an experienced senior compliance professional for a short-term placement within the compliance team here at Zopa. This role will support the existing peer-to-peer business within Zopa and will also assist with the mobilisation of our new bank.
This senior compliance role will work with the Interim Head of Compliance to support our various business teams in managing regulatory risk within the existing business and also in relation to new products and new business proposals. A key part of the role will be to provide support to the other members of the compliance function. This senior role will help the Interim Head of Compliance in ensuring the regulators are kept informed of any notifiable events. The role will be required to provide support on various transformational and new business projects, in particular, the mobilisation and launching of our new bank.
This is a contract role to start ASAP for initially 6 months
- Assisting the compliance team to ensure the function appropriately supports the Zopa business, both in terms of capacity but also with respect to deep compliance and regulatory knowledge.
- Assisting with and at times overseeing the identification, documentation and assessment of the compliance risks associated with the firm’s business activities, including the development of new products, business practices and financial promotions.
- Coordinating compliance approval for the business for the development of new products, business practices and financial promotions. Liaising with other support and control functions (Legal, Finance, Ops Risk) to ensure risk impacts are mitigated and managed.
- Advising the business where products and businesses practices are not TCF compliant, recommend measures to ensure fair customer treatment and Conduct Risk requirements are met.
- Help to manage the breaches log to ensure that identified deficiencies and incidents are followed up and where necessary, making recommendations for amendments.
- Reporting to the Interim Head of Compliance and the Chief Risk Officer where appropriate, on compliance matters, such as regulatory risk assessments, including any changes in regulatory risk, summarising any identified breaches and/or deficiencies and the corrective measures recommended to address them
- Monitoring and testing of regulatory compliance by performing sufficient and representative compliance testing. Preparing reports of the testing results which will be shared with the Risk Management Committee.
- Establishing and maintaining written manuals for the business on the appropriate implementation of regulation through policies and procedures and other documents such as compliance manuals, internal codes of conduct and best practice guidelines.
- Ensuring that staff are educated on regulatory issues and that the mandatory compliance training is rolled out to all staff.
We expect you to have:
- You will have been a Senior Compliance Manager within FCA/PRA regulated retail financial services and have extensive regulatory knowledge of COBS, CONC and BCOBS.
- You must be able to challenge business products and processes to ensure regulatory compliance and have the ability to manage and influence senior stakeholder relationships.
- You can communicate well to ensure regulatory knowledge is transferred and applied through your open and inclusive approach.
- You are comfortable with an agile approach to business change and using your skill set to enable business development.
- You are passionate about innovative finance products and have proven ability to work on several projects and under tight deadlines.
- You are a natural problem solver and have an ability to anticipate regulatory risks.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.