Network Engineer - SRE
Reliability Engineering /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We are seeking an innovative and accomplished Network Professional ideally but not necessarily with previous experience working in the Financial Services sector, to join the team responsible for the Zopa’s IT and network infrastructure encompassing office, co-location and Cloud sites.
As a Network Engineer, you will be implementing and improving Zopa’s network design and support the overall organisation cloud network (WAN and LAN).
Additionally, you will be required to keep abreast of emerging technologies and innovations to ensure we stay agile and to help maintain our market position for time to market delivery; designing solutions for projects to deploy or upgrade existing infrastructure. Implement network security and design solutions for network interconnects to allow the company to utilise third party services. Curating and nurturing Zopa’s network infrastructure, you will ensure we maintain software and firmware levels as required by vendors and security compliance, compiling and testing work packages and overseeing their implementation to ensure that standards and requirements are met.
You'll be working closely with other infrastructure, software engineering, and business units, to ensure a 24/7 operations and availability of our consumer facing services. Out of office hours on-call may be required as a point of escalation, to ensure issues are attended to swiftly. We offer a fantastic Central London location with a creative, professional yet friendly, collaborative and social environment.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise network technologies and how they fit into a financial company's technical infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge in IP & MPLS network Strong Network Routing Protocols Strong experience and knowledge in Cloud & Data Centre solutions including SDN
- Hands-on network engineering & operations experience including Juniper networks, F5 BigIP, Palo Alto
- Knowledge of JUNOS and Juniper SRX, QFX, MX and EX -series products very desirable
- Good understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, VRRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS and 802.1AE)
- Experience in network function virtualization (NFV) and/or software defined network (SDN) desired
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools with a focus on open source.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture, on-premises and cloud IT environments
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject or equivalent experience in Juniper devices
- ITIL experience
- Strong technical competencies resulting from previous working experience at expert level within an IT operational or support environment.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Basic Linux/Unix skills
- Ansible automation experience
- Python, SLAX, TCL
- A working knowledge of GIT
- Some exposure to Linux container environments
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.