Technical Product Lead - Credit Card
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
This is a newly created position, reporting directly to the CPO. Your role will be critical in ensuring that our Credit Card product is scalable, built in a technically sustainable way and compliant with the latest regulations.
On a day to day basis, you'll:
- Own the billing services for credit card, working alongside Tech teams to ensure uptime, scalability and reliability of the systems
- Ensure accuracy and compliance for all credit card billing related items such as balances, interests, fees charging, payment waterfall, aging of arrears, default and write-off implementations
- Ensure regulatory letters & communication is sent appropriately and timely e.g. NODS, NOSIA
- Set up and manage all required operational activities for CC including Visa settlement, financial reconciliation, regulatory and CRA reporting, management of chargeback, disputes and s75 with Visa and merchants when necessary
- Provide data for BAU operational risks and controls
- Set up metrics and reporting tools to track product uptime, number of incidents, etc.
- Partnering with the product strategy lead to ensure seamless technical delivery
- You’ve a reasonably technical background and will have owned the build and evolution of complex back-end systems (ideally in the financial space, with experience in credit cards a huge bonus, but not essential)
- You’ll also be a brilliant problem solver; this is a great challenge for someone who can bring shape and structure to a team that covers diverse domains and is continually evolving
- Hands-on: happy to take ownership for some product delivery where needed, but know how to create opportunity for others whilst providing appropriate support
- Able to manage and influence internal stakeholders across product, 2nd line and operations
- Able to manage third party relationships and contracts
- Experienced in team leadership (our tech teams report into Engineering Managers, but you’ll have an important part in your teams’ engagement, learning and development)
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.