Cash Operations Lead
Operations – Cash and Payment
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Cash Operations Lead to join our team at Zopa. The purpose of Zopa’s Cash and Payments Team is to deal with all day to day payments coming into/ going out of Zopa and the movement of funds between our internal accounts. This includes loan disbursals and repayments as well as Investor funding and withdrawals.
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of the delegation, co-ordination and effective day to day running of the Cash Operations Team.
We have a friendly, fun and ambitious culture where everyone is in it together and contributes proactively towards the growth of the business, so a parallel mindset is what we are looking for!
Key elements of your role:
- Responsibility for the day-to-day execution of the cash operations function
- Own payment issues from beginning to end, working with internal teams and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of AML, KYC, banking sanctions and FCA regulations to ensure that handling of customer accounts and client funds fully complies at all times within these rules and guidelines
- Develop and provide appropriate MI to management and leadership teams.
- Responsibility of accurate and timely processing of BACs, CHAPs and Faster Payments transactions including authorising transactions made by the team
- Actioning items and resolving issues arising from morning BACS files
- Completing Institutional investor withdrawals
- Administering borrower repayments that occur outside the normal direct debit scheme
- Allocating investor funding – including ISAs
- Processing Cheque payments and submitting daily payment files
- Investigating queries from internal and external parties
- Timely and effective exception handling, including ad hoc payment requests from the operations team
- Completing daily money movement reports
- Transferring money between accounts in line with CASS rules
- Collaborate effectively with the Client Assets team
- Provide regular training, coaching and feedback for all team members
- Maintain written procedures and training manuals for the team
- Own team Risk and Controls – reporting any breaches, failures to management
- Continuously improve the function, its operations and overall control environment
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- As a Customer Champion you will have experience of working in a customer focused office environment and experience of working within a Cash Operations department in the financial services industry
- Experience in managing and processing daily payments via multiple payment systems, such as BACS, Faster Payments, etc.
- Proven experience in a managerial or lead role
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements for payments and cash management
- Educated to at least A Level standard with grade C or above in English & Maths GCSE
- Strong / advanced user of Excel and Word
- Knowledge of the BACS system and associated reports – desirable
- Knowledge of ISAs – desirable
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Able to prioritise work and manage a diverse workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail to notice mistakes and discrepancies in large amounts of data
- Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about the regulation that applies
- Strong analytical skills
- A confident, calm and professional manner
- A real go-getter who looks forward to contributing positively to a growing and evolving new team dynamic and hitting the ground running in true Zopian style
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to show initiative/forward thinking and be proactive
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Great communication skills and an ability to interact with a range of people
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.