Internal Communications Executive
Communications – Communications /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We’re looking for an Internal Communications Executive to join our Communications team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate to help design and deliver an internal communications programme that engages, inspires and informs our 400 employees. The role will be particularly important during 2021 as we transition back from a 100% working from home environment. The role reports to the Communications Director and sits within the Brand and Communications function of Zopa.
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
- Planning, editing and writing compelling content to ensure Zopians are informed and engaged in our company strategy and performance, brand and culture
- Managing content across all internal communications channels, choosing appropriate and varied ways of conveying Zopa’s messages to its employees.
- Ensuring communications are relevant to and representative of the company by creating strong links with the different departments at Zopa. You will give a voice to people throughout the business, creating two-way feedback loops to ensure that communications are highly relevant and tonally appropriate.
- Helping to recognizing and celebrate people and their successes across the business
- Producing and delivering our weekly company meeting
- Managing key strategic internal events such as our strategy deployment and year end events
- Identifying new and creative ways for the firm to communicate internally both face to face and remote business environments
- Be a go-to adviser for the firm on internal communications, working closely with the wider business
- Tracking and sharing of usage analytics to allow for continuous improvement
- You’ll have a proven track record of working in internal communications –having driven successful communications programs and delivered meaningful results
- Outstanding written and communication skills - able to research, write, produce and edit great content.
- You will have a strong desire to understand and collaborate with all areas of the business in order to create insightful and relevant content
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment; able to build rapport with people at all levels of seniority with the maturity to be exposed to confidential material ahead of company wide deployment.
- Good eye for detail
- An action-oriented, proactive self-starter
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines
- A creative mindset
- And be a team player
As a business we have the flexibility and support to work from home whilst the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic continues.
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.