Customer Service Specialist - Escalations Team (hybrid - 2 days a week in the office)
Operations – Customer Services /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
As a member of the escalations team, you will be responsible for supporting our front-line agents with complex queries and working directly with customers to resolve escalated and complex questions and queries through to resolution.
This role operates a shift pattern covering 5 days a week over 37.5 hours through Monday to Sunday, covering the hours of 8am-8pm Monday - Friday and 9am - 5:30pm Saturday and Sunday - you will likely work one weekend a month.
You will be required to work in the office two days a week - Tuesday & Thursday.
A day in the life:
- Investigate, manage, and resolve escalated and complex customer queries, including determining the root cause of the problem to mitigate any future risks or further customer contact wherever possible
- Think outside the box to propose solutions to support our customers whilst keeping within the Treating Customers Fairly principles
- Highlight any insights and customer dissatisfaction trends to the Customer Service leads, and make recommendations to improve processes or customer journeys through feedback
- Provide support to our frontline team members to ensure a seamless customer experience hand off between first and second level escalations
- Develop productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders across the Operations team & broader business
- Focus on providing a supportive customer experience and ensuring timely and fair outcomes are achieved in line with FCA regulations
- Customer Service experience in a call centre or telephone-based environment, ideally within financial services
- Strong interpersonal skills and communicates effectively and confidently with customers and colleagues alike
- Exceptionally customer focused, understands and has delivered high standards of customer service
- Knowledge of the FCA and its guidance of Treating Customers Friendly
- A focus on quality, attention to detail and speed in an Operational environment
- Decisive and solution orientated
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to manage and adapt in a busy, pressurised and frequently changing environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail required to manage priorities at pace
- Strong problem solver with the ability to show initiative/forward thinking and proactiveness
- High numeracy and literacy skills
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.