Financial Crime Support Officer
Customer Operations – Financial Crime
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
About the role:
As a Financial Crime support officer at Zopa you’ll be part of an astute 1st line Financial Crime team, that works within our award-winning Customer Operations department. This role has a wide reach, working closely with your Financial Crime Officers and the wider operations teams, MLRO and compliance team - all working together to assist with the detection and prevention of fraud at Zopa.
As we begin to launch our new products over the coming year, this role is set to grow and grow!
A day in the life:
- Liaise with relevant fraud prevention agencies – Cifas, Police, Equifax, Action Fraud, Home Office etc.
- Evaluate the accuracy and authenticity of customer’s details
- Assess PEPs and Sanction referrals
- Interact with other financial institutions and Cifas members
- Ensuring that any potentially suspicious transactions are escalated immediately for investigation
- Liaise with fraud victims, performing fact finding calls
- Assist in reviewing and submitting relevant reporting
- Ideally you’ll have 2 years fraud and/or financial crime experience
- You’ll have ninja like attention to detail and the ability to investigate, question and scrutinise information
- Naturally your inquisitive and understand the importance of document examination, remaining confidential and always acting with integrity
- You are the T in team and love digging deep and helping your fellow colleagues
- You are proactive and always looking at how to prioritise your workload
- A passion to keep Zopa customers safe and strive to detect and prevent fraud
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.