Technology Recruiter - 1 year FTC
HR – Recruitment
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
About the team:
Zopa is growing as a result of us scaling up our peer-to-peer lending platform and the build of new financial products for our upcoming Zopa Bank launch. The recruitment team are at the heart of this exciting growth, as we play the important role of bringing in more great talent to help us reach our goal of being the best place for money.
We are currently looking for an experienced In-House Tech Recruiter for a 1-year Fixed Term Contract (a maternity cover). We’re looking for a Recruiter who is passionate about hiring for technical roles.
Our in-house recruitment team forms part of the wider People team. We are a close team and although each recruiter has responsibility for their own business areas, our work crosses over all the time, so we work in a highly collaborative way. We're deeply embedded into Zopa culture and you’ll really get to know the teams you're recruiting for, so developing strong relationships and trust is a must.
The recruiters are supported by a coordinator who helps set up all our interviews and supports our on-boarding process by coordinating contracts. We use a range of tools to attract and engage with talent and organise a range of events to help build out our employer brand. Our team is creative and loves to share ideas or try new things. We enjoy working together on wider recruitment team processes and projects. If you’ve got some new ideas, we want to hear them!
The primary focus of this role will be to:
- Partner with senior stakeholders across the business to understand and help deliver their hiring plans
- Hire for a variety of tech roles (Software Engineers, Reliability Engineering, IT Infrastructure and more)
- Proactively identify and attract top tech talent to Zopa (whether through headhunting, networking, brand attraction or agency management - although to be used sparingly).
- Searching beyond the UK to identify talent across Europe and further a field that could be enticed to our London and Barcelona offices
- Ensure that all candidates experience a recruitment process reflective of our amazing culture and brand
- Become a trusted brand ambassador internally and externally
- Build strong relationships with the hiring managers across the business to define present and future recruitment requirements as needed by the business
- Utilise a variety of recruitment channels to find the right talent, with a focus on quality, efficiency and cost
- Experience in-house is a must – ideally in a fast growing, technology focused business
- Good knowledge of the overall tech hiring landscape and hands-on experience working on a variety of tech roles (ideally Software Engineering, SRE, Infrastructure, InfoSec, etc.)
- You’re passionate about challenging the norm and finding better ways of doing things
- Hands on sourcing experience, which means you can autonomously deliver against the roles you’re working on
- Broad knowledge of both popular and emerging recruitment channels and trends
- You enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team
- You’re interested in being part of our exciting journey building the next generation of banking!
- Last but not least, you are passionate about tech hiring
Why you'll love Mondays at Zopa……
- Competitive salary
- Daily Breakfast
- Fresh daily fruit
- Amazing office in London Bridge with river views
- Games Room - ping pong, foosball & FIFA
- Office bar
- eLearning memberships
- Summer and Winter company events
- Gym memberships, cycle to work schemes & Sports leagues
- Meditation room
- Flexible working
- Working within an award winning and culturally fantastic Team!
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.