Senior Product Designer
Bank Build - Engagement Squad – Design
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
As a Product Designer, you will refine Zopa's simplicity and apply it to new, engaging and clear user experiences. Zopa has a bunch of projects in the pipeline, and we have an ongoing cycle of revamping our entire experience across web and mobile. There are countless UX challenges and tons of pixels for you to push. We're in a unique position to change the way people interact with their money. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and will be directly responsible for decisions that shape our products. You'll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build purposeful experiences. Zopa's office is filled with great people, and we're looking for you to join a new and delightful team.
A day in the life
- You're actively involved in defining product strategy
- Defining user experience goals and design for a Zopa product.
- Thinking in terms of design systems and making rational design decisions.
- Caring about the details; you’re excited to polish until your work until it’s pixel perfect.
- You will constantly be pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better at your craft.
- Collaborating with the wider design community at Zopa, mentoring other designers and sharing your knowledge
- Advocating for the needs of Zopa's current and potential customers; you thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
- Communicate outcomes to diverse audiences through stories and verbal presentations.
- You have proven practical experience in digital product design.
- You can think through customer problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- We love making things beautiful and accessible and hope you feel the same.
- You look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- You have a portfolio of UX design work from pencil and whiteboard to wireframes, mappings, and prototypes.
- You have good interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.