Front End Web Designer
Product & Design – Design
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
As Zopa grows, and we have more content to create and manage, we need to bring in more talented people to make sure we can maintain our high quality across a broader range of products. This role, amongst other things, will own a lot of Zopa's "webmaster" duties, enabling Marketing to release more content.
On a day to day basis, this will mean:
- Business-as-usual updating of the site with copy changes, awards, videos, etc
- Building landing pages and content pages to support Marketing initiatives
- Implementing Google Tag Manager and other SEO related tasks
- Connecting with APIs for things like job listings and various social media
- Updating the online Zopa styleguide as more guides are added and updated.
- Updating and maintaining multiple repositories -- Brochureware on Github, FAQ on Desk.com, Blog on WordPress etc
- Ensuring repos are consistent (visuals and interaction patterns) and use the same coding practices (BEM naming, variables etc.)
To do this job, we'd like the Front End Web Designer to have skills in:
- HTML & CSS (BEM, Git, etc)
- WordPress (Desired, not required)
- Experienced with accessible coding practices
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.