Cash & Payments Administrator
Customer Operations – Cash and Payment
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient Cash and Payments Administrator with extraordinary attention to detail to join our team. You will be customer focused, possess strong communicative and numerical skills and the ability to work well within a team environment. We would like a real go-getter who looks forward to contributing positively to a growing and evolving new team dynamic and hitting the ground running in true Zopian style.
The role of the Cash and Payments team is to deal with all day to day payments coming into/ going out of Zopa and the movement of funds between our internal accounts. You will also deal with the management and processing of incoming and outgoing customer payments including loan disbursals and repayments as well as Investor funding and withdrawals.
The hours for this role are Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 6:00pm
A day in the life:
- Inputting and processing payments across different banking platforms
- Payments related issue resolution
- Maintaining company deadlines and SLAs to ensure a great customer experience
- Assist the wider Operations department with any ad-hoc payment related queries
- Assist the Client Assets team with the completion of ad-hoc projects and ensure completion in line with pre-arranged deadlines
- Allocating investor funding – including ISAs
- Processing cheque payments
- Submitting daily payment files
- Investigating queries from internal and external parties
- Completing daily money movement reports
- Transferring money between accounts in line with CASS rules
- Administering borrower repayments that occur outside of the normal direct debit scheme
- Other duties as assigned
- You'll have Wizard like Excel skills
- You've got excellent attention to detail catching any discrepancies in large amounts of data
- You'll have experience in a similar role within the Financial Services industry
- You've achieved at least A Level standard with grade C or above in English & Maths GCSE
- You're able to prioritise work and manage a diverse workload to meet deadlines
- You've got the ability to adapt to change and deal with problem solving
- You'll have experience using in-house systems/databases
- You'll have familiarity and/or willingness to learn about the regulation that applies
- You've got knowledge of the Bankline system and associated reports - desirable
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.