Mobile Product Designer
Bank Build - Engagement Squad – Design
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
As part of our expansion, we are seeking a Product Designer to drive the design vision of digital products to make money fair and simple. They will work within a cross-functional team to define requirements, develop iterative design options, and test ideas extensively prior to launch to make sure we understand and meet user needs.
We’re building a next generation bank with multiple products, and the journey will be an adventure. This is a roll-your-sleeves-up and get stuck-in to some disruptive product design. In return, the role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to shape and define the product design of one of the industry’s most innovative and forward-thinking companies.
On a day to day basis you'll be:
- Owning the product design of new Zopa product(s) with a focus on mobile apps and interfaces
- Using psychology and behavioural economics to design product(s) that help customers understand financial concepts and their options
- Designing iterative user interface options and test them extensively
- Running user testing on design concepts to ensure we meet user needs
- Defining the information architecture of the product(s)
- Maximising accessibility, clarity, and transparency in designs
- Ensuring the Zopa brand is implemented consistently in the product(s)
- Working with engineers to establish agile workflows to deliver product(s)
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Extensive experience designing complex products, with consumer financial products and payment products a huge bonus
- Strong UI design skills, rapid prototyping
- An interest in behavioural economics, with an understanding of their implications on consumer financial choices
- Proven experience of brand implementation within the product space
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies, both A/B testing and user testing
- Ability to implement A/B testing frameworks and user testing methods
- Experienced user of data to drive design decisions (whether qualitative or quantitative – you know what to use when and how to get it)
- Proven experience of designing with the customer at the centre of all decision making.
- Ability and desire to create a collaborative environment and engage a team in the decision-making process (whether it’s a group user-research analysis or a design-thinking workshop to generate new ideas)
- Able to manage big ambitious design products with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working closely with developers in a data-driven agile environment
- An impressive portfolio/presentation that shows off your design skills