Data Excellence – Data Engineering
Zopa’s data-driven culture has played a major role in the fantastic growth we have been experiencing. We want to continue strengthening this culture, empowering people with tools, knowledge, and easy-to-use data.
As part of this endeavour, we have created a data warehouse/lake combination for analytics on Amazon Web Services utilizing technologies such as:
We need an experienced Senior Data Engineer to lead the process of upgrading, building, and optimizing our new data warehouse/lake combo. The right candidate will combine software development and project management skills, and they will be required to set and drive the roadmap of the project.
Your talent and drive will help create a scalable, robust, and efficient data-warehousing solution powering the analytical needs of the whole company.
- Hands on experience in data engineering (>3 yr) in some/all aspects of designing, building, and monitoring
- ETL pipelines (esp. Event-driven ones),
- Data warehouses, and
- Data lakes
- Experience leading technical projects and teams
- Strong Python
- Good understanding of data-governance and data architectural concepts
- UNIX / LINUX
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with boto3, AWS Redshift and/or DynamoDB, Jenkins
- Understanding of software security and threat models, and experience building secure applications
- Strong passion for project management, execution and getting things done
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passion for elegant and intuitive data structures and analytical interfaces
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Team player, accountable and strong sense of urgency and execution
- Passionate about learning new, cutting-edge technologies