Technology – Software Engineering
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
As a result of company growth and new project demands, we are looking for two ETL Developers to join Zopa across Infrastructure and in Operations Delivery. Those teams cover a very big span of technology types including Data Centres, Wide Area Networking, Office Infrastructure networks and services, Application packaging and delivery, Physical and Virtual server technologies and Corporate Database provision.
One of the two projects you could be working on will involve:
- Building a bank - we're looking for ETL developers to work within our cross-functional product teams and support mission-critical services. This will include handling financial and transaction information, and how it is exchanged between our consumer-facing applications, core banking subsystems (such as treasury management) and reporting services.
- CRM re-platform and integration – supporting the delivery of the next stage of Zopa’s CRM capabilities: improved data management, user tools, content management and channels. Work will focus on handling the exchange of customer and product data between our CRM platform and Zopa’s product databases.
We're looking for the ETL Developers to have the following experience:
- Basic understanding of financial products – loans and deposits
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts, methodologies and practices
- Good knowledge of MS SQL Server and T-SQL
- Systems analysis skills and experience in data modelling
- Several years of experience as ETL Developer using MS BI stack
- Experience in agile data warehouse development
Ideally, the ETL Developers would also have:
- Basic understanding of accounting principles – double entry, balance sheet, income statement, ledger posting
- Experience of General ledger system selection, implementation, integration
- Experience of designing and building integrations with 3rd party CRM platforms
- Experience in data governance
- Understanding of OLTP systems, MS HADR solutions and basics of infosec
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.