Technology – Software Engineering
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
As a result of company growth and new project demands, we are looking for two ETL Developers to join Zopa across Infrastructure and in Operations Delivery. Those teams cover a very big span of technology types including Data Centres, Wide Area Networking, Office Infrastructure networks and services, Application packaging and delivery, Physical and Virtual server technologies and Corporate Database provision.
One of the two projects you could be working on will involve:
- Building a bank - we're looking for ETL developers to work within our cross-functional product teams and support mission-critical services. This will include handling financial and transaction information, and how it is exchanged between our consumer-facing applications, core banking subsystems (such as treasury management) and reporting services.
- CRM re-platform and integration – supporting the delivery of the next stage of Zopa’s CRM capabilities: improved data management, user tools, content management and channels. Work will focus on handling the exchange of customer and product data between our CRM platform and Zopa’s product databases.
We're looking for the ETL Developers to have the following experience:
- Basic understanding of financial products – loans and deposits
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts, methodologies and practices
- Good knowledge of MS SQL Server and T-SQL
- Systems analysis skills and experience in data modelling
- Several years of experience as ETL Developer using MS BI stack
- Experience in agile data warehouse development
Ideally, the ETL Developers would also have:
- Basic understanding of accounting principles – double entry, balance sheet, income statement, ledger posting
- Experience of General ledger system selection, implementation, integration
- Experience of designing and building integrations with 3rd party CRM platforms
- Experience in data governance
- Understanding of OLTP systems, MS HADR solutions and basics of infosec
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.