Case Preparation Officer
Operations – Case prep
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
The underwriting case preparation officer will be part of the case preparation team for underwriting. This team will assist the underwriting team, to ensure cases requiring documents will have the correct information for the underwriter to assess the application and to maximise approvals.
Your role does require hours worked over 5 days, days will either be Sunday -Thursday or Tuesday – Saturday.
This position is a 6 month contract with the potential opportunity to go permanent.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Assess documents uploaded/emailed/faxed to ensure they are clear, correctly named and dated, and in the correct format.
- Chase documents requested at application stage not yet received.
- Own all documents emailed or faxed to the underwriting inbox and assess their suitability as above.
- Update documents received to the underwriting email inbox with case owner’s details.
- Extend document deadlines.
- Pass cases to underwriting once suitable documents received.
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Minimum one year experience in a customer service environment.
- Strong knowledge of customer care processes and techniques.
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Must exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and customer service skills are essential
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.