People Partner - Technology & Product
People Team – People Team /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
We are looking for an exceptional People Partner to work with us in creating memorable careers across our Zopa Technology and Product teams. We’re looking for someone who will thrive within a face-paced business, is commercially minded and able to demonstrate real agility in balancing the differing demands of a growing company.
Reporting into the People Director, you'll play a key role within the organisation, ensuring that our people are empowered to make bold decisions for growth. You’ll have significant experience in partnering with Technology and Product teams, knowing what best practice looks like from a mature business environment, balanced with experience in a scaling organisation.
A day in the life:
- Use your HR expertise, energy and business acumen to establish trusted partnerships with senior leaders across Technology and Product.
- Work with the People Director to drive organisation design and development initiatives to ensure the health, happiness and high performance of teams.
- Proactively prepare & analyse people data to inform the long-term strategic people plan for Technology and Product.
- Play a pivotal role as one of the People champions for teams across the business. We’re passionate about diversity, equity & inclusion and we want to hire someone that shares our passion.
- Coach leaders and managers to enhance their leadership effectiveness by providing guidance and feedback.
- Advise managers on the full spectrum of employee relations issues, ensuring full compliance with UK employment law.
- Collaborate with the wider People Function to define initiatives, policies and tools to support ZOPA’s unique culture and enable business success.
- Identify and actively manage our talent ensuring we retain and develop our best people, driving effective talent pipeline and succession planning.
- Identify development needs and collaborate with the L&D function to providerelevant development and training initiatives.
- Keep up to date with external trends and best practice in HR to drive insight, and find new ways of helping Zopa achieve its ambition.
- Demonstrable People Partnering experience in a scaling Technology or FS led business, having previously worked with senior level stakeholders.
- Experience of partnering Technology and Product teams in a high growth environment, change and transformation will be key.
- Strong program and project leadership and delivery expertise, overseeing scale change initiatives.
- Experience in supporting the integration of companies via M&A is desirable.
- Obvious understanding of the people levers driving commercial growth.
- Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support a business.
- Excellent understanding of UK employment law.
- A reputation of unquestionable integrity, high EQ and an inclusive mind-set.
- Experience of coaching teams to higher performance, in a growth context.
- Evidence of good judgement in difficult and deadline driven situations.
On a personal level:
- Agility, adaptability, pragmatism
- Gravitas and credibility
- Data oriented and results driven with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Owned projects and initiatives using Agile and/or other project management principles
- Ability to communicate, challenge and influence a range of stakeholders, equally comfortable working with senior managers and staff at all levels
- Able to distil complex issues into component parts, identify causal links and think through alternative courses of action
- Both initiate and translate ideas into tangible output to create value for Zopians
- Keep Diversity Equity and Inclusion at the heart of everything you do
The ideal candidate will be thoughtful, collaborative, able to inspire others and to think creatively about solutions. To be successful you will be comfortable with ambiguity, ownership, and teamwork.
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.