Finance – Finance /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We’re looking for an exceptional Financial Planning & Strategy Analyst to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning and Strategy, and working in a team of 3, you will have primary responsibility for analysing, understanding and forecast Zopa’s financial performance.
As well as analysing and reporting financial results, you will be driven to positively influence future financial performance across earnings, Costs, Balance Sheet, Cash and Capital. We’re looking for someone who can roll their sleeves up and get stuck into whatever needs doing to achieve our goals. In return, the role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to shape and define one of the industry’s most innovative and forward-thinking companies!
A day in the life
- You’ll develop financial models to analyse and understand financial performance across the business
- Act as financial/commercial business partner to business functions and senior management
- Build forecasts using historic trends plus commercial input from business functions
- Provide guidance and options for improved financial performance to business functions
- Create MI, reports and analysis for internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Boards, Investors)
- Multiple pieces of ad hoc analysis to support various commercial initiatives
- You’ll have around 3 years of experience in a Financial Planning & Strategy role
- You’ll be extremely comfortable working in excel, building highly structured models to analyse large volumes of data and synthesise your analysis into a succinct output
- You’ll have the ability and experience to explain financial performance to a mixed audience
- You’ll ideally have an accounting qualification or similar and hold exceptional numeric, analytical and excel skills
- You’ll have a very good understanding of Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- You’ll drive to solve problems and comfortable working with large volumes of detailed data
- You’ll have a good knowledge of SQL and Tableau (or similar BI tools)
- You’re comfortable working under pressure to deadlines whilst working accurately with attention to detail
- A positive outlook!
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.