Credit Risk Manager
Operations – Risk
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
We're looking for Credit Risk Managers to own credit risk for one of our many areas. This might be on existing products, on the portfolio, or owning credit risk on our new products as we launch them over the next 12 months. You be responsible for leading a team of Risk Analytics that's in charge of driving step-change improvements in credit performance by developing risk models, testing hypotheses and monitoring portfolio trends. In addition, the team also develop credit risk strategies spanning the entire customer lifecycle from Application and Fraud Prevention to Existing Customer Strategies, Collections and Recoveries.
This high performing team made up of bright individuals with analytical capabilities, who can translate numbers into business opportunities and deliver insights to drive decision-making.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience in consumer lending using data and analytics to do several of the following:
- Changing/removing/adding credit policy rules
- Using a new scorecard to make decisions, doing swap analysis and understanding the risks
- Building NPV models to inform lending decisions and marketing strategy, and understanding their limitations
- Deciding on initial credit limits and pricing for credit card customers
- Using analytics to produce a credit limit increase/decrease strategy
- Using analytics to inform collections prioritisation / recoveries strategy
- Designing credit limit or accept / decline tests
- Grounding the loss/default assumption to be used in acquisition or customer management decisions
- Lastly, We’re looking for people that can use data to generate insights, and use those insights to change the way we do business. So ideally you will have experience leading projects where you’ve used data to influence senior management to do something differently to how they originally thought it should be done.
- You should be very bright and a self-starter
- You will have a curious mind, and a desire to investigate things to satisfy your own curiosity, not your manager’s
- You should have exceptional analytical ability, combined with very good judgement
- Where you think things could be done better you should have a strong desire to change how things are done
- You should then be able to influence senior management to get those changes made
- You should have a very good understanding of credit risk combined with a very high level of commercial awareness
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.