Credit Risk Manager
Risk – Credit Risk
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
We're looking for Credit Risk Managers to own credit risk for one of our many areas. This might be on existing products, on the portfolio, or owning credit risk on our new products as we launch them over the next 12 months. You be responsible for leading a team of Risk Analytics that's in charge of driving step-change improvements in credit performance by developing risk models, testing hypotheses and monitoring portfolio trends. In addition, the team also develop credit risk strategies spanning the entire customer lifecycle from Application and Fraud Prevention to Existing Customer Strategies, Collections and Recoveries.
This high performing team made up of bright individuals with analytical capabilities, who can translate numbers into business opportunities and deliver insights to drive decision-making.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience in consumer lending using data and analytics to do several of the following:
- Changing/removing/adding credit policy rules
- Using a new scorecard to make decisions, doing swap analysis and understanding the risks
- Building NPV models to inform lending decisions and marketing strategy, and understanding their limitations
- Deciding on initial credit limits and pricing for credit card customers
- Using analytics to produce a credit limit increase/decrease strategy
- Using analytics to inform collections prioritisation / recoveries strategy
- Designing credit limit or accept / decline tests
- Grounding the loss/default assumption to be used in acquisition or customer management decisions
- Lastly, We’re looking for people that can use data to generate insights, and use those insights to change the way we do business
- You should be very bright and a self-starter
- You will have a curious mind, and a desire to investigate things to satisfy your own curiosity, not your manager’s
- You should have exceptional analytical ability, combined with very good judgement
- Where you think things could be done better you should have a strong desire to change how things are done
- You should then be able to influence senior management to get those changes made
- You should have a very good understanding of credit risk combined with a very high level of commercial awareness
- Degree educated
- Strong experience in Python
- You will have experience leading projects where you’ve used data to influence senior management to do something differently to how they originally thought it should be done
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.