Head of Brand and Creative
Branding and Comms – Branding
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
The Brand and Marketing team is responsible for building the Zopa brand in a creative and consistent way. Putting customers at the heart of all we do, we create and execute marketing strategies, plans and communications which contribute to making Zopa the recognised ‘best place for money’.
Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer, the Head of Brand and Creative will be responsible for creating relevant and engaging creative campaigns, engagement programs and business as usual communications. Working with the wider marketing team and the product teams across the business, the Head of Brand and Creative will be the guardian of brand messaging, design and tone of voice across the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for motivating a team of copywriters and designers both within their own team and across the business. As such, the individual will be able to provide guidance on best practice across a range of mediums, have a strong creative skill set and a firm grasp of brand strategy
The successful candidate does not need to have experience of working in financial services but must be willing to learn about our products and be passionate about bringing a fairer approach to customers
On a day to day basis, this means:
- Owning the creative strategy for Zopa, developing and delivering campaigns and communications which engage with customers and desired drive outcomes
- Being a brand guardian, with a strong point of view on copy, design and creative approach across all mediums
- Leading and coaching internal creative teams and agencies (when relevant) in order to grow creative capability and produce best in class work
- Work closely with the wider marketing team and the business in order to ensure that creative output meets their objectives
Here's what we'd like to see on the Head of Brand and Creative's CV:
- A proven track record of creating impactful consumer facing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Experience of leading a creative team either within an agency or in-house
- Experience of developing powerful direct response communications (direct mail, ECRM, digital marketing comms)
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects on time and budget
We think the following skills / attributes will be key for success:
- Clear reasoning and communication: you should be able to articulate your ideas clearly to people of different experience and at all levels. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative: You should be comfortable working with people across the business in a highly collaborative manner – adapting your style where relevant to gain buy-in to ideas
- Comfortable with ambiguity: Zopa is a fast-growing business which is going through an exciting period of change. The individual coming into this role should be comfortable with some ‘unknowns’ and relish the prospect of shaping the future thinking
- Mindset of constant improvement: you should be passionate about building capability and developing yourself and others. You should be interested in new ideas and ways of doing things across the creative industry
- Creativity! Happy to be hands on in idea creation, passionate about ideas, words and design
- Results driven: committed to delivering a great outcome, willing to go the extra mile where needed. Able to work under pressure where needed
This role is great for someone who is excited about the challenge of building a brand which has great foundations (Superbrand status, strong NPS, multiple awards for customer service) but also lots of opportunity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.