Risk Analyst - Industrial Placement
Product & Design – Credit Risk Analytics
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
We're looking for an Industrial Placement student on a sandwich course to join our Risk Analytics team for a 12 month placement. The Risk team is charged with driving step-change improvements in credit performance by developing risk models, testing hypothesis and monitoring portfolio trends. They are responsible for credit risk strategies spanning the entire customer lifecycle from Application and Fraud Prevention to Existing Customer Strategies, Collections and Recoveries.
A Risk Analyst at Zopa will work with cross-functional teams including; sales, data science, product and IT to develop and drive growth strategies, influence strategic decisions and identify new opportunities through the application of leading edge analytical techniques. It's a team made up of bright individuals with analytical capabilities, who can translate numbers into business opportunities and deliver insights to drive decision-making.
- Conceptual thinking – ability to find innovative ways to solve analytical problems
- Ability to drive insight from data, assess the commercial / financial impact and recommend action
- Ability to consistently deliver accurate, error-free results to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story that drives action
- Working towards a Bachelors level degree programme in any quantitative field (Business, Maths, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science or Engineering)
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or higher
- Mathematics A-Level B or higher
Desirable but not required
- Some programming experience with either Python, R, Scala, Java, MatLab, SAS or SQL in any context
- You have an inquisitive mind, are intrinsically curious and are passionate about deriving insights from data
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within cross-functional teams
- You're analytical, have excellent attention to detail and you work well under pressure
- You're independent, well organized and with a "can do" attitude
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.