Service Excellence – Service Excellence /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
Our customer driven approach backed by a truly data-driven culture has played a major role in the huge growth we have been experiencing and we want to further strengthen our data capabilities to continue going from strength to strength.
A key focus for us right now is to empower our Zopians with easy-to-use, accessible data, better tools and knowledge; and how do we do this? Data marts.
We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to define and own the development of our data marts and reporting processes.
This role involves collaboration across a number of different teams and areas including credit/fraud risk, data science (machine learning & Big Data), data engineering and operations, meaning there are amazing progression opportunities into a more specialised area in the future.
A day in the life:
- Work closely with Service Excellence and products teams to define the data required and establish data collection processes
- Work with analysts and data engineers to create centralized datamarts containing data capturing the entire business process and customer journey
- Gather end users reporting and dashboard requirements and deliver them in a scalable and automated way
- Be a beacon of our data driven culture by providing advice, training and tools to empower your colleagues
You will be:
- Obsessed with data quality and attention to detail with a good understanding of how to transform and visualise data at scale
- Energised by cross-collaboration with various teams in a complex fast-paced environment
- Intrinsically curious with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Interested in understanding how data is used to create business value
- Looking to build data products using modern tooling such as DBT, Redshift, Airflow and cloud-based infrastructure
- You are in a similar position right now and might be considering a change, or you may have worked in a broader analytical role and wish to specialise - we are open!
- You will be confident writing SQL code in your day-to-day role
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.