Finance – Finance
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We are a team of three at the moment, and are taking this opportunity to build one of the most automated and efficient treasury function for a bank of our scale. We match funds between deposits and loans, and manage the bank balance sheet. We are looking to hire an Assistant Treasurer to join our exciting journey to build a next generation bank.
A day in the life:
- Develop the policy and limit framework for balance sheet risks
- Build and annually refresh the Individual Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Plan (ILAAP) and Contingency Funding Plan (CFP), driving the process of ALCO, Board Risk Committee and Board sign-off
- Contribute to the annual Individual Capital Adequacy Assessment Plan (ICAAP)
- Implement Treasury Asset and Liability Management (ALM) and Regulatory reporting systems that represent Zopa products and capture balance sheet risks appropriately
- Integrate with upstream product systems and finance systems to ease data loading and report generation pursuing automated options where possible
- Engage with new business product areas to make sure Treasury risk considerations are integral in product design
- Establish processes and tools to enable monitoring, reporting and management of balance sheet risks
- Ensure cash is managed efficiently to be able to meet liquidity needs of a fast-growing business and comply with regulatory standards;
- Manage HQLA portfolio to strike appropriate balance of safety, liquidity and yield
- Building and maintaining various banking relationships to support liquidity management
- Responsible for preparing materials for Asset and Liability Management Committee (ALCO) and providing MI and key risk metrics for the committee to make informed decisions
- Implement a funds transfer pricing (FTP) framework to quantify costs of liquidity and incorporate them in product pricing
- Establish a framework for Intercompany loans for Zopa subsidiaries to be able to efficiently access liquidity available elsewhere within the group, when required
- Manage day-to-day cash allocation and investment, cash flow forecasting and all banking systems including the BOE reserves account;
- Work closely with deposits team to ensure funding can raised in a timely and cost-efficient manner to meet liquidity needs of lending businesses
- Feed into the long-term business plan for Treasury related assumptions
- Build a small high-performing Treasury team who are cross-skilled and predominantly tasked with aspects of monitoring and risk management rather than reporting
- Provide hands on guidance and coaching to junior members of Treasury and Finance team
- You'll have at least 10 years of work experience in treasury, finance, and/or banking
- You'll have experience of implementing ALM and building and refreshing ILAAP and CFP
- You'll have a strong interest in Fintech and broader financial services industry; experience with fintech or fast-growing tech company strongly preferred
- You'll have experience developing end-to-end Treasury operations procedures to conduct Treasury executions in compliance with agreed governance framework and delegated authorities
- You'll have effective communication skills – structure presentations and explain complex things simply
- You'll have the ability to work well with cross functional teams and external partners
- Experience of dealing with complex process flows and driving process improvements
- Fast learner – keen to learn new knowledge, concepts, process and system
- Able to organize and analyse statistical data and prepare comprehensive reports; working knowledge of SQL is important
Opening date: 9/8/2019
Closing Date: 5/9/2019
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.