Senior Front End Developer
Technology – Software Engineering
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Job Title: Senior Front End Developer
Location: London Bridge
Advert Start Date: Thursday 21st February 2018
Closing Date: Friday 22nd March 2018
Are you a hands-on Senior Front-end Developer with a passion for creating great customer experiences?
If so, we’d love to tell you more about this opportunity in our Web Hub team.
You’ll be right in the action as part of a fast-moving, cross-functional team with support from a dedicated designer. Whatever it is, you will be heavily involved from understanding the space and opportunity all the way to developing the release-ready code and seeing it through to launch and maintenance
We currently use or are looking to use the following technologies in our stack: React, Webpack, Sass, Styled-Components in our front-end stack. We are also investing in React Native in our mobile team.
As a rapidly expanding company in the heart of London – we are looking for a passionate senior developer who wants to expand their skill set and deliver products that delight users.
- Solid understanding of React.js
- You should understand the importance of testing your code and how it reduces risk in making changes and refactoring
- You should be pragmatic and realise when a solution is over-engineered as well as knowing when to spend time on creating the right abstraction that allows us to move faster in the long run
- Comfort with the JS tooling landscape is beneficial – being able to use modern tools such as Webpack and Babel is beneficial although having a solid understanding of how tooling can work and being quick on the uptake is key
- Good understanding of at least one of the following: CSS, SCSS, SASS or Styled-Components
- Solid understanding of version control tools - Git and Perforce
- Solid understanding of Node.js
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in managing or mentoring a team of developers
- An interest in innovation and fin-tech
- Hold minimum of a Bachelors Degree in a Science-related subject