Compliance Officer (Advisory)
Compliance – Compliance
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
The Compliance Officer (Advisory) will be responsible providing regulatory advice, guidance and oversight support to the business and assist the Compliance Advisory Manager in ensuring that Zopa, its staff and key stake holders all conduct their business in accordance with all relevant regulations and standards. We have a friendly, fun, and ambitious culture where everyone contributes pro-actively towards the growth of the business, so a parallel mind-set is what we are looking for.
As we’ll be launching a new bank (exciting!) you’ll need to be the type of person who has an interest in learning, supporting, and facilitating regulatory communications and advice with control owners on all areas of regulatory risk within departments. This is an exciting role and we’re looking for an individual with a compliance advisory (business partnership) background who wants a role where they can get involved in creating and delivering a holistic advisory approach.
- Act as a focal point by providing specialist Compliance support and advice to the business
- Foster strong links and positive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure that regulatory changes are communicated and implemented
- Review and maintain relevant compliance policies in accordance with the business and Group policy requirements
- Facilitate and support the delivery of Compliance training on regulatory issues
- Supporting regulatory risk assessments for new products and other business initiatives
- Support the Compliance Advisory Manager to deliver Compliance related project(s) as required.
Ideally you will have:
- Previous compliance advisory experience within financial services, ideally within retail banking / consumer credit
- Ability to interpret regulations and draft policies and procedures.
- Ability to collate information and draft reports, maintain logs / management information, interpret data for purposes of regulatory and internal reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eloquent, able to explain complex sets of rules / translate regulations into clear language to all levels of staff.
- Educated to degree level (2:1) or equivalent experience
- Preferably a candidate with good knowledge of FCA principles and Consumer Credit regulations
- ICA / industry qualifications helpful but not essential
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.