Regulatory Affairs Manager
Operations – Legal
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
We are looking for a Public and Regulatory Affairs Officer to join the team at Zopa. Your role will involve building the best possible relationships with key regulatory and political stakeholders and industry bodies so that Zopa get its voice heard and makes sure the company is fully briefed on industry changes and developments.
Zopa is rapidly expanding so the opportunity to take ownership of the role and make a real difference is there for the taking. You will support both our peer-to-peer lending business as well as the launch of our new bank.
- Monitor UK legislation, regulation & policy related to financial services and peer-to-peer lending
- Monitor EU regulation on financial services and peer-to-peer lending, analyse and follow up their national implementation in the UK
- Monitor the impact of Brexit on the UK market
- Keeping an eye on the regulatory and policy horizon and building clear action plans to ensure Zopa is prepared for any changes and developments
- Help to build & maintain strong and effective relationships across key regulatory, government and financial services industry bodies
- Lead in engaging regulators’ consultations and industry bodies' enquiries with high quality, engaging and persuasive responses
- Making Zopa’s voice heard in industry forums, discussions and other events. Organize, prepare and participate in public events and stakeholder meetings so we can ensure that regulatory and government bodies make the most informed policy decisions
- Coordinate regulatory affairs within the company
- Support the wider team by contributing to internal reports, document updates, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Coming from a risk, policy, compliance or legal background, you'll have deep knowledge of the regulatory environment and a thorough understanding of the financial services industry
- A strong technical understanding of the PRA and FCA's requirements, processes and handbooks and UK and EU policy-making processes
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and communicate complex information and issues effectively into concise business focused intelligence
- Able to deal with ambiguity and to respond with clear proposals and action plans
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills: written, verbal, presentation, influencing and negotiation
- Excellent research, information gathering and report writing skills
- Ability to manage several projects with limited guidance
- Independent approach to work, flexibility and dedication
- Strong sense of responsibility, organizational skills and intrinsic motivation
- Curiosity, perseverance and autonomy
- High motivation and flexibility
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.