Operations 2020 – Collections & Recoveries
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
The Collections & Recoveries Team needs a Manager to cultivate our staff to become the best of the best. To instill and personify our values ‘In it together’ ‘Walk the talk’ ‘Win smarter’ Fearless choices’ and ‘Customer champion’.
We are looking for a Collections Manager to improve our productivity, accuracy and results whilst maintaining a high level of motivation and retain staff buy-in. A good people manager, confident communicator and decision maker, able to be both proactive and reactive, often at the same time. Reporting into the Head of Collections and Recoveries and supported by a team of Senior Collections Agents and a Dialler Analyst, the role offers a diverse number of functions within the department, pre and post default collections, admin, QC as well as some change management.
A day in the life:
- Oversee all resource matters within Collections and Recoveries including recruitment, training, disciplinaries and general HR matters.
- Effectively manage and provide direction for to ensure the team as a whole remain results driven but work within the confines of our processes and SLA’s as well as within the structure of our values.
- Providing direction, support and empowering your team to work confidently in their own positions which you will structure and monitor.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the teams in terms of quality of service, making necessary adjustments and changes. Paying attention to the results the QC team provide to ensure we provide the best journey for our customers and the best outcome for our investors.
- Manage the operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems, looking for non-value-added activities and reporting findings and recommendations to the HOD
- Ensure team are fully compliant with company policy and procedure with the effective use of arrears management treatments and techniques, paying particular attention to Treating Customer Fairly and consumer credit source book rules (CONC)
- Work to ensure that all activities performed under your remit, by you or your subordinates, do not breach FCA regulations, nor ICO and GDPR legislation and that you retain an overall awareness of our current risks and controls.
- Liaise and assist with other departments where necessary to develop solutions to resolve issues affecting our customers, our investors and our staff.
- Manage outsourcer relationships.
- Ensure all complaints are recorded and feedback relating to route cause fed back.
- Deliver at least one monthly meeting is delivered so staff are fully up to date with new projects, recent performance, new products, enhancements or upgrades. Ensure that staff receive monthly feedback from their line manager as well as skip level meetings from time to time and any training as required.
- Act in an ethical way at all times in accordance with the company’s operating and compliance procedures Bring any potential or actual breaches
- You’ll have previous experience of managing a team of target driven motivated collection agents.
- You’ll have excellent communication skills, able to motivate and defuse any potential areas of conflict customers and staff.
- You have exceptional attention to details skills plus excellent grammatical and written communication skills
- You’ve got the ability to provide analysis of performance and outcomes as agreed with the HOD
- You’re confident using Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Excel and Word. Previous experience of using Salesforce would be useful but not essential as full training will be given
- You’re able to work under own initiative and suggest and implement new and improved ways to provide best practice.
- You have great people skills, born to motivate your fellow Zopians!
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.