Automation QA Engineer
Technology – Software Engineering
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Are you quick to spot the critical bugs? Do you excel at finding what’s wrong with software? Does creating the best software and user experience excite you?
Are you able to set up automation frameworks from scratch and create CI/CD jobs to run the tests?
Are you technical and have a passion for backend testing and understanding how services work?
Zopa is looking for Automation Quality Assurance Engineers like you. A little more than just a traditional QA Engineer but with excellent technical skills and an understanding of how development testing works.
Zopa operates in a Tribes and Squads model meaning you would be plugged into a cross functional team with developers and any other areas of expertise required for the squad to achieve their goals.
In this role, you will need to put yourself in the end user's shoes and make sure the product answers all their unique actions, needs and points of interaction with the product. You will work closely with people across engineering, product and support to help deliver an amazing experience using the best technologies available. You will also be responsible for instilling a Quality driven mindset into the Squad.
- At least 3 years of experience as a quality assurance engineer
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies and processes
- Manual testing experience
- Experience testing Web APIs using any automation tools (e.g. Postman)
- Programming experience, Java and/or Python a bonus
- Experience with GIT or similar
- Performance Testing experience using Java and/or Python a bonus
- SQL experience (Minimum - able to comfortably query databases)
- Able to automate the backend
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins or similar) and the ability to set up and run automation
- Experience working with microservices’
- Selenium webdriver not essential but a nice to have
- Ability to write quality test plans, test cases and bugs
- Excellent reporting of metrics for test coverage for releases
- Exposure to an Agile working environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to up-skill and technically train other QA members
- Ability to analyse test scenarios, apply critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Passionate about sharing of knowledge
- Ability to think beyond assigned task, and be a good team player