Shares Plan Manager
Finance – Finance
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Our team is expanding, and we are looking for a Shares Scheme Manager who is a subject matter in this field and who is happy to take the initiative and be creative with ideas. You will be comfortable working in a fast paced and evolving environment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for wider career opportunities into either HR or Finance.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Act as subject-matter expert to the business on our share incentive plans and employment-related securities more generally
- Be involved in the creation and administration of tax efficient and commercially focused incentive structures
- Advise on employment-related security tax risk reviews and share plan health-checks
- Work with our advisors on the preparation of share valuations for agreement with HMRC
- Work with our Leadership Team on the annual reward and share award cycle
- Work closely with our Reward team
- Liaise with other HR professionals, finance, payroll, tax, company stakeholders, legal and other stakeholders
- Interact with plan participants including but not limited to the provision of general information related to the share incentive schemes
- Work in partnership with our Employee Benefits Trust in relation to the granting of share awards to employees
- Provide ad-hoc employment tax advice on the issues arising in relation to employees’ flexible working arrangements including cross-border workers
- Take responsibility for the filing of all submissions to HMRC in relation to Zopa’s share schemes
- Experience in dealing with employment tax
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Strong technical knowledge of UK share schemes
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Proven ability in problem analysis, troubleshooting and resolution
- Able to communicate effectively, interact with a diverse range of personalities and roles both internally and externally
- Strong communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, and problem-solving skills