CRO General – Compliance /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
The Compliance officer role will be responsible for building great relationships with internal stakeholders and performing high quality, consistent compliance testing and monitoring across the business. Ensuring that appropriate governance, systems and controls are in place and working effectively.
A day in the life
- Perform compliance reviews across the business to ensure adherence to regulatory and internal policies, including reviews on third parties
- Delivery of the annual compliance monitoring programme and providing regular status updates
- Issue recommendations following compliance reviews and report on any identified breaches
- Follow up and approve remediation work as required from recommendations
- Maintain a conduct risk focus on reviews ensuring customer outcomes are fair and appropriate
- Supporting regulatory risk assessments for new products and other business initiatives
- Supporting other ad-hoc projects
- You’ll have knowledge and experience of implementing a compliance monitoring programme within a banking/financial services environment
- Experience in delivering reports and findings within a growing, dynamic and fast paced organisation
- Able to build strong lasting relationships with your stakeholders
- You’ll be a strong communicator, able to explain complex sets of rules / translate regulations into clear language to all levels of the team
- Proven audit / testing experience/analytical skills
- You’ll be able to recognise regulatory risks related to business decisions
- You’ll have excellent written skills and a great attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of quality assurance processes and approach
Bonus points for
- Good knowledge of FCA principles and Consumer Credit regulations
- ICA / industry qualifications
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.