Senior Change Manager - Operations
Service Excellence – Service Excellence /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
It’s an exciting time at Zopa as we grow our customer base and launch new products. Within the operation, this means more growth, complexity, and of course a lot of change! We need to deliver a large amount of change to both support new launches, but also to optimise and improve our processes and operating model.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Change Manager to join the team who can own and lead our change management processes, ensuring stakeholders raise change early through the right forums, changes are triaged and assessed for impact across the different operational areas, and then the change is tracked and managed through to successful delivery.
You will be exceptionally organised, hands-on, and have previous change and/or project management experience in a fast-paced operational environment. You will have great interpersonal skills to be able to engage with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders to maximise the success and performance of the project team.
A day in the life:
- Define, manage, and optimise the change management process in Operations
- Ensure this process dovetails with other change processes elsewhere in the business
- Work collaboratively with product / business teams to ensure clear alignment of change management strategy with core programme/project objectives and deliverables.
- Ensure Ops leads are fully engaged in the process
- Create and maintain a clear view of all upcoming change, providing regular updates to stakeholders
- Identifying any ‘hot spots’ where too much change might be happening at once and a priority call might need to be made
- Escalate where changes are off track or at risk
- Capacity allowing, project manage larger projects that might be more complex, or need extra support
- You'll have proven change management experience in a fast-moving operations environment
- You may have previous project or programme management experience
- You'll have exceptional planning, team organisation, and resourcing skills
- You’ll be highly collaborative and comfortable working with people across the business– adapting your style where relevant to gain buy-in to ideas
- You’re results driven: committed to delivering a great outcome, willing to go the extra mile where needed. Able to work under pressure where needed
- You’re a self-starter who’s efficient at time management and able to work autonomously
- You demonstrate high levels of accuracy, attention to detail, and organisational skills
- Experience in the finance and/or tech industry is an advantage
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.