Collections & Recoveries Agent- 6 Months FTC - Remote/Office/Home based!
Operations – Collections & Recoveries /
Employee - FTC
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
The Collections & Recoveries Team are a specialised team within Zopa's highly recommended customer services, assisting with the earliest stages of borrower arrears to maximise the recovery of new arrears cases.
This role is a 6 - month Fixed Term Contract and will be remote or London office based - You’ll will be joining a friendly and supportive team. This core team are our Customer Champions and care about our customers and reflect that in everything you do.
A day in the life:
- Making outbound calls through a dialler system to discuss repayment of the borrower’s outstanding arrears
- Receiving inbound calls regarding account queries, handling disputes, taking payments and setting arrangements
- Responding to customer and third-party emails
- Administrative work dealing with correspondence from third parties such as debt management companies and insolvency practitioners
- Completing and reviewing income and expenditure forms with the view of agreeing realistic payment plans based on borrower affordability
- Sign-posting borrowers with financial difficulties to not-for profit debt agencies
- Find out more about life at Zopa HERE!
- You will have previous experience of working in a customer focused environment, with telephone/call centre duties ideally in a debt recovery/collections role
- You may have previous experience in Auto/Motor recovery experience however this is not essential
- You will be familiar with FCA regulation, data protection, and anti-money laundering principles
- You will have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You will be punctual and flexible in adapting to changing environments based on role requirements
- You must be confident in using Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- You are friendly and empathetic
- Excellent team-player who can work independently and adapt well to change
- You are compassionate, grounded, logical and objective; able to follow through on difficult decisions
If home-based role so you’ll need to be in the based in the UK in a safe, private and distraction free environment with a solid internet connection.
Watch our video HERE
"Our excellent customer service and the great rates we offer have won us loads of awards. Money Supermarket named us their 'Best Personal Loans Provider' for 2016 and we were voted 'Most Trusted Loan Provider' for the 7th consecutive year by consumers in the Moneywise Customer Service Awards, as well as 'Most Trusted P2P Platform'"
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.