Tribe Risk Officer
Risk – Credit Risk
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Overview of the role:
We are looking for a resourceful, hands-on, customer-centric Tribe Risk Manager to join a first-line team working on high engagement products. They will be responsible for managing and monitoring the operational and regulatory risk of this team, in line with risk appetite and policies set by the second-line.
To achieve this, they will be the Tribe’s go-to person for regulatory advice, guidance and oversight pertaining to this team’s products. They will also be responsible for seeking advice and guidance from, and feeding back to, the central Compliance and Risk teams and ensuring effective communication and oversight between first and second lines.
Success for them means that the team are conducting their business in accordance with all relevant regulations and standards, that risks of various types are appropriately identified and monitored, and that the right balance is struck between safety and speed.
The kind of person we’re after
This is an exciting role for an individual with a risk and/or compliance advisory (business partnership) background who wants to get involved in creating great outcomes for customers, and pioneering a holistic approach to risk and compliance in a fast-moving financial technology company.
We have a friendly, fun, and ambitious culture where everyone contributes pro-actively towards the growth of the business, so a parallel mindset is what we are looking for. As we’ll be launching a new bank (exciting!) you’ll need to be the type of person who has an interest in learning quickly, being resourceful, and supporting business teams.
You thrive on providing practical, actionable advice and communications on all areas of risk to the team, and if you’re not a specialist on an area, you quickly figure out who to ask for help to get to an answer
- Drive the Tribe’s regulatory and ops risk assessments for new products and initiatives
- Stay on top of key regulations and requirements in the team’s product areas
- Liaising with second-line to ensure that regulatory requirements are communicated and implemented
- Support in identifying ways that technology can ensure compliance and safety
- Train and advise the 1st line team on how to stay compliant and safe
- Foster strong links and working relationships with stakeholders and the 2nd line
- Review and maintain relevant procedures in line with group policy requirements
- Support the central compliance and risk teams to deliver special project(s)
Ideally you will have:
- Regulatory knowledge: you have experience with interpreting regulations, FCA approach documents, and policies and procedures, and know how to turn this information into actionable checklists and advice
- Data and reporting: you know how to work with data (both quantitative and qualitative) to prepare regulatory and internal reporting, and know how to work with analysts if you need something more complex
- Versatile communication skills: you are able to explain complex sets of rules and translate regulations into clear language to all levels of staff, and can do so in writing, verbally, or (if needs be) in pictures
- Compliance and/or ops risk experience: even though it’s not strictly necessary, previous compliance and/or ops risk experience within financial services (ideally in retail banking, consumer credit or payment services) would be useful
- Technology and agile bias: you are excited about the possibility of using technology to ensure compliance and safety of services that Zopa is working on. You are adept at using digital tools and are keen to work with technologists and experience agile methodologies.
Specific regulations and rulebooks that will be of use to know:
- FCA Handbook – a strong insight into how it works and how to interpret it
- PSD2, PSRs 2017 – all things Open Banking
- CONC, CCA – all things consumer credit, including credit information services and debt counselling[MS1]
Education and/or qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (2:1) or equivalent experience
- Preferably a candidate with good knowledge of FCA principles and Consumer Credit regulations
- ICA / industry qualifications helpful but not essential
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.