Complaints Specialist- Auto Finance (London or home based)
Operations 2020 – Collections & Recoveries
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We have an exciting new role for a Complaints Officer within the Customer Services Team. With our customer base rapidly increasing and our product offerings and services growing over time there is a need to pro-actively look for someone to join the team to help resolve complaints that are raised.
The key purpose of this role is to support the Complaints Team in ensuring that all Motor Finance related complaints are handled in accordance with our internal Complaints Handling Policy and Procedures.
The role will provide aftercare support to our customers who may be dealing with an issue with their car. You will be the first point of call for customers who have an unresolved problem with their car; acting as mediator between customer and dealers and liaising with Brokers to fully investigate the complaint and come to a resolution.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to providing complainants with fair outcomes whilst providing an exceptional level of customer service. The successful candidate will have knowledge of all aspects of the Motor Finance industry and the CCA.
Our complaints team is based in London, we are however open to have someone working remotely for this role
A day in the life:
- Ensure exceptional customer service is provided to complainants and ensure they are aware of the Zopa complaints procedure/policy
- Acknowledge, draft and send out complaints promptly written and verbally
- Respond to all complaints within set time limits, systematically and fairly
- Resolve customers’ queries within agreed authority, investigating the cause of individual complaints and where required gathering information from relevant departments
- Ensure complaints are managed in line with TCF and FCA regulation considerations ensuring complaints are managed fairly, accurately and clearly
- Make suggestions to improve processes and documentation to reduce complaints
- Manage any administration that may come with resolving a complaint. E.g. arranging Hire cars or vehicle transportation
- We're looking for someone with experience handling Motor Finance complaints
- You understand the importance of treating customers fairly and hold a track record for going the extra mile to ensure that the customer feels valued
- You have the confidence, patience and flexibility necessary to connect with a wide range of people and adapt effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Alongside your natural rapport-building talents, you are a fast learner with an exceptionally high attention to detail and can adapt efficiently to new concepts and systems.
- Your patience and ability to remain calm under pressure makes you a great listener and able to liaise and adapt to different stakeholders
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.