Customer Operations – Underwriting
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
Zopa is currently going through an exciting phase of launching our new products and we are looking for an Underwriter to join our team where you will be processing loan applications within the company's specific policy criteria.
During this exciting time, you will be required to review application information as well as documents, correspondence and credit file information, you will also be communicating with applicants & brokers directly.
A day in the life:
- Underwrite new Auto secured & unsecured loan applications within Zopa lending criteria and service standards, taking end-to-end responsibility for each case.
- Evaluate the accuracy and authenticity of each customer’s details and documents.
- Review applications which have flagged fraud indicators, investigate suspicious documents and report back to the Financial Crime team.
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to team leader, Financial Crime team or the Compliance Department.
- Frequent verbal & written communications with applicants, brokers and other departments.
- You’ll have 2 years underwriting experience either within mortgages or unsecured loans
- You can investigate, question and scrutinise information
- You have a high level of numeracy and analytical skills
- You’ve got high level communication skills and an excellent professional manner
- You have experience and thrive in working in a team environment
- You’re creative and like to think outside the box
- You’ll have high level of attention to detail regarding document examination, remaining confidential always and act with integrity
- You’re a Customer Champion and have a passion to provide excellent customer service
- You’re able to work within given SLA’s and deadlines and can work under pressure and to set targets
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.