Product Manager Shopfront (marketing focused)
Branding and Comms – Branding
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
We’re looking for a marketing-savvy Product Manager to join a brand new team tasked with building a first-class website for Zopa.
As we become a bank and launch new products there will be more and more opportunities to improve how we present Zopa on our website. As Product Manager for Shopfront, you will be leading a small, dedicated team and managing development, design and content work for both long-term projects and short-term releases.
You will spend your time working with stakeholders across Zopa, managing requests and prioritising work for the team. You will run sprints and stand-ups. You will regularly review data across several important metrics and use that data to make team decisions that have real business impact.
This is an exciting role for technical marketers seeking to enter product management, or for product managers who are keen to own a product that is heavily marketing-oriented. It also involves leading a small, dedicated team.
What you'll be doing day to day:
- Own the Zopa shop front and work with individual product teams to ensure alignment
- Make sure it explains who we are, what we do, and why customers should care
- Work with data teams to ensure user information is tracked, including work on attribution modelling and tagging
- Motivate your product team (dev, design, copy, data) to deliver
- Work with your team to create a development process that makes sense for the Shopfront
- Work with developers and designers to ship code = running the agile proces
- Create key reports and analyse the data from the marketing site regularly to track how the team and site are doing
- Develop a “nose for credit” and consumer financial services in general
- Meet with stakeholders across Zopa to make sure Shopfront is working for other Product Managers and for teams such as Design, Content and Marketing
- Manage incoming website change requests
- Ensure compliance with the law (e.g. financial regulation, copyright and data protection)
What Skills you hopefully have:
- Strong commercial acumen
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Tools, frameworks and structures to evaluate performance and support effective decision-making
- A passion for technology – you have strong knowledge and grasp of technology and what it allows.
- “Nice to have” skills include SQL, advanced Excel, Jira, Github – if you don’t already have them, you should be hungry to learn them and use them
- Effective communication – you can structure a presentation and can explain even complex things simply
- Project management – you understand the importance of timelines and can create the necessary momentum to get things done
- Influencing – you have personal power and can influence up, down and sideways, adapting your approach as needed
- Perspective – you can fly the helicopter or look down the microscope to identify where the product is strong and where its weak points are
What you are probably like:
- Customer-centric – you obsess about the customer and their needs
- Curious, rigorous thinkers – always probing beyond a simple answer, assuming nothing
- Bright and smart – you bring raw, intellectual horsepower, to understand and analyse.
- Collaborative – you bring people together, understand the value each other person can bring and can mix the chemistry to create a fun, effective workplace
- Non-hierarchical – instead you have personality and projection. You can influence from top, bottom and sideways, up, down and across
- Efficient - You find your flow and project that to help the team to find its flow
- Adaptable – you can shift your role to fit whatever is needed most
- Decisive - You care more about getting to the right decision and being able to rigorously justify the decision than about consensus
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.