Website Product Manager
Product & Design – Product
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a marketing-savvy Product Manager to join a brand new team tasked with owning a first-class website for Zopa.
As Product Manager for Shopfront, you will be leading a small, dedicated team managing development, design and content work for both long-term projects and short-term releases.
You will spend your time working with stakeholders across Zopa, managing requests and prioritising work for the team. You will run sprints, with standups and weekly rituals. You will regularly review data across a number of important metrics and use that data to make team decisions that have real business impact.
- Work with your team to create a development process that makes sense for the Shopfront and drives continuous improvement
- Drive responsible decision making across issues impacting the shopfront product
- Create key reports and analyse the data from the marketing site regularly to track how the team and site are doing
- Work with data teams to ensure user information is tracked, including work on attribution modelling and tagging
- Collaborate with and manage key stakeholders across Zopa to make sure Shopfront is working for other Product Managers and for teams such as Design, Content and Marketing
- Manage content and campaigns in order to drive SEO and support paid campaigns
- Manage workflow and ensure the timely and rigorous delivery of projects
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. financial regulation, copyright and data protection)
- Ensure a consistent, joined up experience throughout the site and across products which works hard for the customer and the Zopa brand
- Understand industry best practice and competitive benchmarks to ensure that the Zopa site remains a leading destination across web and mobile
What skills do Zopa Product Managers have?
- Passion for the customer and for finding great, customer led solutions]
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical problem-solving skills
- Tools, frameworks and structures to evaluate performance and support effective decision-making
- A passion for technology – they must have a strong knowledge and grasp of technology and what it allows. They know the tools that exist and how they should be used, without necessarily being an expert in using every tool themselves. They are hungry to continuously update and deepen their knowledge and skills in this area
- Effective communication and collaboration – they can structure a presentation and can explain even complex things simply
- Project management – they understand the importance of deadlines and can create the necessary momentum to get things done
- Influencing – they have personal power and can influence up, down and sideways, adapting their approach as needed
- Perspective - they can fly the helicopter and look down the microscope to identify where the product is strong and where its weak points are
- “Nice to have” skills include SQL, excel, YouTrack – if they don’t already have them, they should be hungry to learn them and use them
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.