Learning & Development Partner - FTC
HR – HR
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We’re looking for an experienced Learning and Talent Development Partner for a Fixed Term Contract. As part of a small L&TD specialist team within Zopa’s wider People team, this role offers variety and breadth of work and the chance to have real impact at both individual and company scale.
This role will suit someone who is genuinely passionate about enabling Zopa to reach it’s ambitious goals through it’s people and who wants to help embed our strong customer-focused culture and values through learning activities.
A day in the life:
- Work closely with our People Partners and business leaders to support and advise on training needs and provide learning & development solutions
- Lead on performance management strategy to embed a feedback culture and continuous objective setting
- Develop and build out our Management and Leadership development framework
- Create and develop internal learning workshop content and materials with our Zopian SMEs (such as new product launches, lunch and learns)
- Manage regulatory training including development related to the Senior Manager & Certificate Regime
- Creating and facilitating team offsites and team development
- Full learning cycle of training events; organisation and logistics, content creation, delivery (or manage 3rd party trainer), attendance records, evaluation and impact analysis.
- L&TD Projects; managing and execution of both small and large scale projects as defined on the People team roadmap
- Curate e-learning content and help drive activity on online learning platforms
- Organise and run monthly Zopa induction days
- Manage onboarding and learning programmes for Graduate hires
- Process individual learning requests from Zopians
- Manage the central L&TD budget
- Monthly and ad-hoc L&TD reporting
- Develop relationships with third party providers, or source new external training providers where needed
- Commercial approach and pragmatic application of learning; you’re able to connect L&TD to business goals, create creative solutions in an agile way and use data to provide insights and measure success
- Flexible and able to turn your hand to different things; one day you could be heads down in reports and admin, the next day facilitating a workshop you created and another day leading a company-wide change programme! Whatever the day, you’ll need to be happy in a broad ranging role where you move up and down from mucking in leading from the top
- Nimble in your thinking; you’re happy working in a fast moving business where you need to adapt your timelines and approach regularly
- Manager and Leadership Development; you’ll have hands on experience of creating and delivering content on management and leadership topics eg. coaching, giving feedback.
- Personal Development; you’ll have hands on experience of creating and delivering content on personal development topics eg. resilience, unconscious bias.
- Team development; you’ll have hands on experience of partnering with business leaders to create team offsite agendas and facilitate team development exercises
- Ideally knowledge of psychometric tools and accredited to practise in one of them eg. MBTI/Strengths Profiling/Hogan/DISC
- Talent management; previous experience in performance management, career mapping and succession planning
- Stakeholder management; you’re able to build trust and help influence decisions
- Experience working in financial services and understanding of the learning requirements that come with working in an FCA regulated company
- You’ve managed an L&D budget before
- Apprenticeships; you know the best ways to access and use the apprenticeship levy for both current Zopians or new recruits
- Ultra-organised: there’s a lot going on here so you’ll need to be a planner to help keep our house in order, multi-task and reach our goals
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail – it’s really important to us that we get our people data right and keep it safe
- Pro-active and a self starter; think there’s another way that could be better? See something that needs fixing? You’ll be self-driven to fix it.
- You want to be part of our exiting journey into “the next generation of banking”.
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.