Commercial and Credit Risk Manager
Auto Tribe – Auto Tribe
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We're looking for a Commercial and Credit Risk Manager for our car finance business. This is a key growth area for Zopa, targeting £600m+ in yearly new business by 2024. Our vision is to offer digital, direct to consumer products in an industry still heavily reliant on face-to-face selling and manual underwriting. In doing so we are helping customers get better value and transparency from their loans, disrupting legacy industry practices to drive better customer outcomes.
You will be responsible for owning commercial and credit risk assumptions for the product, and drive step change improvements by developing pricing strategies, testing risk hypotheses, monitoring portfolio trends and mitigating impacts of sector-specific risks. You will also be expected to lead interactions with our second line credit risk team and present proposals for discussion with senior colleagues in the executive team and with the Zopa Bank board.
You will manage bright individuals with analytical capabilities, who can translate numbers into business opportunities and deliver insights to drive decision-making.
You'll have proven experience in:
- Commercial problem solving, with a sound understanding of the trade-offs between customer demand and P&L considerations
- Hypothesis testing in a commercial and/or credit risk context
- Building NPV models to inform product decisions and marketing strategy, and understanding their limitations
- Grounding loss/default assumptions to be used in acquisition or customer management decisions
- Changing/removing/adding credit policy rules
- Doing swap analysis on major changes (e.g. when introducing a new scorecard) and understanding the risks
- You'll have a good understanding of credit risk combined with a high level of commercial awareness
- You'll have heaps of experience in leading projects where you’ve used data to influence senior management to do something differently to how they originally thought it should be done
- You have an analytical background, perhaps coming from maths, stats etc. or related
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.