Service Desk Team Lead
Technology – Tech Ops
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
You will provide team leadership for the Helpdesk providing technical support for all technologies across the business and complete project related tasks across London and Barcelona.
The main purpose of the role is to provide leadership and develop a "Customer First" culture within the team providing technical support to all employees. This includes all company supported applications, troubleshooting computer and network problems, proactively monitoring alerts and determining the source of issue to ensure SLA’s are adhered to. In addition, the role will require ticket and resource management using Service Now.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Manage the Service Desk and a team of 4 providing technical support and take overall responsibility for incidents and requests
- Act as a further escalation point for unresolved or escalated issues
- Interrogation of the Service Desk ticketing system throughout the day to provide effective responses and resolutions to queries or issues. Ensuring that raised tickets are responded to within SLA timescales
- Carry out installations and configurations of end user workstation hardware, software, networked devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products
- Support end user issues related to workstations, software and networked devices
- Testing, maintaining and monitoring the workplace in order to determine source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access etc.)
- Participate in business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan execution
- Adopt a proactive approach towards all client activities
- Collaborate with all Zopians to ensure business objectives are met
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rota and provide technical support and resolutions
Impact of the role:
- Improved support and operations
- Improved collaboration, utilisation and efficiencies across technical services
- Unified team which promotes business strategy and common goals
- Opportunity to be creative in Improving client escalation and resolution processes
- Ability to support delivery of projects with chosen technologies
- Improved customer experience and retention
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Previously worked on an IT Service Desk as a Team Lead
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Overall Networking skills
- Service now
- Call logging and incident resolution
- Microsoft/VMWare/Cloud technologies
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate and advise technical/service information to different levels
- Good general overall technical understanding of new technologies
- Be passionate about service desk, customer service and striving for continuous improvement
- Contribute to and assess new innovations to improve workplace technology
#LI - BM1