2nd Line Support Engineer
Technology – Tech Ops
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
The 2nd Line Support Engineer’s role is to support the stable operation of Zopa’s Infrastructure and Applications, by providing 1st and 2nd line support to all employees. This includes company supported applications, troubleshooting computer and network problems, determining the source of issue to ensure SLA’s are adhered to. Contributing to Projects where required will also be part of the role. We are looking for someone proactive with a can-do attitude, and who can think on their feet as well as come up with ideas for improvement.
- Improved support and operations
- Improved collaboration, utilization and efficiencies across technical services
- Unified team which promotes business strategy and common goals
- Improve client escalation and resolution process
- Ability to support delivery of projects with chosen technologies
- Improved customer experience and retention
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
- Interrogation of the Service Desk ticketing system throughout the day to provide effective responses and resolutions to queries or issues. Ensuring that raised tickets are responded to within SLA timescales
- Responding to calls or e-mails on the service desk, adhering to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions
- Carry out installations and configurations of end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products
- Support end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products by testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting in order to determine source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.)
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights as directed by change requests from the Service Desk and in line with the Network Security Policy
- Adopt a proactive approach towards all client activities
- Collaborate with all the IT Operations departments when required to ensure business objectives are met
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Previous IT service desk experience
- Good understanding of PC hardware, Microsoft operating systems, networking and imaging/building laptops
- ITIL Foundation
- Understanding of ITIL Practices
- Good general overall knowledge of some of the following technologies:
- Ivanti Landesk
- Windows 8/10
- Aviya Phone System
- Active Directory
- Microsoft technologies
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Ability to prioritize work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate and advise technical/service information to different levels
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.