Office and Events Manager (12 month FTC)
CPO General – CPO General /
Employee - FTC
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
This role is at the heart of our workplace experience and is based in our vibrant London Bridge HQ. You’ll be positive, proactive and approachable. Our workplace experience team play a big part in making the office a place that our staff can thrive in.
This is a full-time office based role working hours between 08:30-17:00 or 09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday.
A day in the life:
- Facilities Management
- Logging tickets for any office faults and notifying the relevant engineers or teams to get resolution. Also, chasing engineers or teams if a ticket isn’t actioned in a decent timeframe.
- Problem solving with any major incidents such as a large leak, overflowing toilets or a building shutdown/evacuation.
- Attending monthly tenants building management meetings, so we are aware of what’s about to happen in the building and any scheduled works.
- Raise permits with building management for any contractors and for all office works e.g. Painting, installation of new equipment etc.
- Chase any outstanding works e.g Weekly, Monthly, quarterly, and annual office maintenance that is overdue (e.g. emergency light testing, PAT testing etc)
- Complete daily checks of office space and meeting rooms to ensure they are tidy and presentable for Zopians and visitors.
- Manage all office supplier accounts and ensure all supplier contracts are valid and renewed in time
- Report any cleaning issues noticed to our cleaner or cleaning account manager.
- Troubleshooting all other general ad-hoc facilities issues
- Health and Safety
- Keep up to date with all H&S laws and ensure we are compliant.
- Book in our annual Fire Risk assessment and general risk assessment.
- Ensure we always have the right number of First Aiders and Fire Wardens.
- Complete weekly Fire Exit inspections to ensure all exits are operational and free of any blockages.
- Assist with Desk assessment issues and finding solutions to complaints such as back ache, headaches and wrist pain.
- Record any office H&S incidents and action plan where appropriate
- Book any H&S training courses or refresher courses needed e.g. Manual Handling, First Aid and Fire Wardens.
- General Duties
- Complete morning set up – clean coffee machines, fill up snack station, breakfast items, drinks fridges
- Greet guests in a welcoming and friendly manner and ensure they have signed in
- Open and distribute incoming post and prepare outgoing mail. Ensure any post not given to a team is scanned and sent to them.
- Book in all external guests with building security on their system.
- Distribute Temporary passes and locker keys and update record sheet.
- Ordering stock for the week ahead
- Assisting staff, guests, and contractors with the daily enquiries and problem solving.
- Ordering any stationary and branded items
- Organise teracycle collection when bin is full and order replacement.
- Keep staff updated with any relevant information, linking with internal communications
- Complete the checks and report the risk and controls monthly.
- Request, create and distribute new starter security passes.
- Assist with actioning leavers through our security system
- Book accommodation for Zopians where needed
- Occasional travel may be required
- Organise our annual Summer and Christmas parties, as well as other events and ensure they are in budget and communicated well.
- Run events and ensure that they are a smooth and enjoyable experience for Zopians
- Update the event costings calendar for all events so there is a record of spend.
- You'll have demonstrable experience in Office and Event management
- Ideally you'll have a qualification in Health and Safety or extensive knowledge of this area
- You'll be a great communicator able to quickly resolve issues using your initiative
- The ability to work autonomously and keep tasks in order
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.