Operations – Repayments
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
The collections and Recoveries team are a specialised team within Zopa's highly recommended customer services, dealing with borrowers in arrears and looking to find suitable solutions to remedy their accounts.
As a collections Administrator you will provide administrative back office support to the Collections Team by ensuring all written and email communications are responded to appropriately within Zopa procedures and legislative requirements.
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
- Ensuring all written correspondence received is logged and responded to within internal SLA’s ensuring time sensitive documents are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with Debt Management companies and Insolvency practices by email and telephone on a case by case basis.
- Responding to borrower and third party emailed queries properly to avoid repeat questions.
- Sending out and reviewing of Income and Expenditure schedules, checking offers made against published trigger figures and accepting or challenging offers based on outcome.
- Setting arrangements based on offers relating to borrower’s financial difficulties ensuring correct payment dates and amounts input and paying party fully understands their commitment.
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Ideally you will have administration experience in Collections or a similar Credit Control role
- Previous experience working in a customer focused environment, with financial experience preferable
- Excellent grammatical and written communication skills
- Punctual and flexible in adapting to changing environments based on role requirements
- Confident using Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Excel and Word. Previous experience of using Salesforce would be useful but not essential
- Able to work under own initiative and suggest new and improved ways to provide best practice.
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Friendly & empathetic
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated and shows initiative
- Excellent teammate
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.