Branding and Comms – PR
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
As part of our rapid expansion we are currently looking for a talented and passionate Press Officer to join our Communications team. Working closely with Zopa’s PR Manager, you’ll play a vital role in developing and delivering a programme of proactive PR campaigns to enhance our reputation and make Zopa a household name.
You will have previous experience in a PR agency or in-house communications team, excellent writing skills, confidence with dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders, an eye for a good campaign and strong commercial awareness.
- Supporting the development and implementation of a programme of proactive PR campaigns
- Producing high impact press coverage that raises awareness of Zopa amongst its target audiences
- Draft press releases, briefing documents, reactive statements, award entries, and other PR materials
- Proactively pitch stories to the media as well as responding to inbound media enquiries
- Build and maintain relationships with key journalists
- Provide regular reporting and evaluation of coverage across all media channels
The ideal Press Officer would have:
- Educated to degree-level
- At least two years of experience of working in a PR agency or press office function
- A solid understanding of media relations and experience in delivering PR campaigns
- Outstanding written communication skills, with a good attention to detail
- Highly organised, with an ability to think on your feet and work at pace
- A positive, resilient, self-starter attitude to building relationships in the media
- Enthusiasm for current news issues and the media, and an interest in consumer finance (preferred)
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.