Branding and Comms – PR
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
As part of our rapid expansion we are currently looking for a talented and passionate PR Executive to join our Brand and Communications team. Working closely with Zopa’s PR Manager, you’ll play a vital role in enhancing our reputation and making Zopa a household name.
You will have at least two years' experience in a PR agency or in-house communications team, excellent writing skills, confidence with dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders, an eye for a good campaign and strong commercial awareness.
- Supporting the development and implementation of a programme of proactive PR campaigns
- Draft press releases, briefing documents, reactive statements, award entries, and other PR materials, as part of our mission to make Zopa a household name
- Proactively pitch stories to the media. Respond to inbound media enquiries
- Build relationships with journalists and maintain a media contacts database
- Provide regular reporting and evaluation of coverage across all media channels
- Work with colleagues to develop and update content for the website
The ideal PR Executive would have:
- Educated to degree-level
- At least two years' experience in a PR agency or press office function
- Outstanding written communication skills, with a good attention to detail
- Highly organised, with an ability to think on your feet and work at pace
- A positive, resilient, self-starter attitude to building relationships in the media
- Enthusiasm for current news issues and the media, and an interest in consumer finance (preferred)
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.