Customer Service Officer
Operations – Borrower CS
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Our excellent customer service and the great rates we offer have won us loads of awards. Money Supermarket named us their 'Best Personal Loans Provider' for 2016 and we were voted 'Most Trusted Loan Provider' for the 7th consecutive year by consumers in the Moneywise Customer Service Awards, as well as 'Most Trusted P2P Platform'.
We are very proud of the level of customer service that we provide and are looking for an equally enthusiastic customer service whiz to join the team 5 days a week including weekends.
The role is based in our offices in London Bridge. The hours are 10am - 4pm Saturday and Sunday and during week days 8am – 8pm on a shift basis.
As a Customer Service Specialist, you will be interacting with both prospective and existing customers daily via Phone, Email and Live Chat, helping to solve queries regarding new loan applications, existing loan management and new and existing Investments queries.
We’re looking for a natural problem-solver with the ability to relay information clearly to ensure the best possible customer experience. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone with an optimistic proactive approach paired with a real passion for providing a first-rate customer journey. You will join a supportive and sociable team and this is a great starting point for someone who has a keen interest in the world of FinTech.
What will I be doing daily?
- Answer calls and emails from potential and existing borrowers and potential and existing investors/lenders
- Provide information on products, service and process
- Resolve any queries and update systems and accounts accordingly
- Actioning customer requests – settlement figures, change of name, change of address, change DD details, taking payments etc
- Talk existing and potential customers through the new loan application journey
- Administration duties such as customer letters, other departmental requests on customers’ accounts, customer call backs
- Build relationships with customers to mitigate complaints and demonstrate a clear understanding of their needs
What is required to be a Customer Service Specialist at Zopa?
- We are looking for great communication skills, experience in customer services gained within financial services, the ability to demonstrate initiative and the ability to manage administration tasks accurately whilst providing a high level of customer service
- Previous experience working in Financial Services is desirable but not necessary.
- You understand the importance of treating customers fairly and hold a track record for going the extra mile to ensure that the customer feels valued
- You have the confidence, patience and flexibility necessary to connect with a wide range of people and adapt effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You can think on your feet and communicate effectively, asking clarifying questions and offering simple explanations to complex issues
- Alongside your natural rapport-building talents, you are a fast learner with an exceptionally high attention to detail and can adapt efficiently to new concepts and systems.
- You are energetic and driven and able to work with minimum supervision
- You are always striving to better yourself, focused on growing a rewarding career within customer services and FinTech
- You look forward to contributing positively to the team dynamic and hitting the ground running in true Zopian style
Why you'll love Mondays (and weekends) at Zopa!
- Competitive salary
- Fresh daily breakfast & fruit
- Games Room - Ping pong, foosball & FIFA
- E- Learning memberships
- Gym memberships, cycle to work schemes & Sports leagues
- Working within an award winning and culturally diverse team
- Office bar
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.