Senior Growth Product Manager - Current Accounts
Current Accounts – Current Accounts /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
We are at the inception of our move into Current Accounts and are looking for a Senior Growth Product Manager to lead our efforts on building a multi-million current account customer base. You will be the key person responsible for growing our current account product at the right economics, from first consideration through to retention.
We want to transform the Current Accounts space as we have already done with loans, savings, credit cards and car finance, tying together our Zopa ecosystem, with big ambitions targeting over 1m+ active customers in 3 years' time. This role will be crucial to helping us get there so there's big opportunity for some serious career defining impact.
Of course, you won't be doing this alone! Collaboration is in our Zopa DNA which means you'll be part of a cross-functional squad of talented and passionate engineers, designers and QA working together from concept through to delivery.
There’s no room for ivory tower thinking and dishing out requirements - you’ll need to work proactively and collaboratively from the ground up, engaging stakeholders and getting their buy in and most importantly making sure we're building the right things.
This is an opportunity that can give a lot of scope to supercharge your career within a fast-scaling FinTech. If this challenge excites you, we'd love to hear from you!
A day in the life:
- Building an acquisition strategy for current accounts, setting us up to trial multiple approaches and ensure we have the right framework in place to test and iterate
- Work across the product lifecycle, whether itstop of funnel or retention, you’ll be leading our efforts to grow our customer base
- Build in growth loops and features to push organic product growth
- Work closely with marketing to build various campaigns and marketing strategies
- Work with the engineers in your team to work out how to build, and help them make trade-offs to solve the key problems while retaining velocity
- With the help of the members of your team, ensure everything built is valuable, viable, usable and feasible
- Build close relationships with key stakeholders such as Marketing, Operations, Compliance, Brand, Legal and Finance so that you’re solving problems with them and not just asking for their sign-off
- You are an experienced Product Manager with 5+ years in a growth product role
- You’re highly analytical,you live and breath AB testing and are very comfortable with things like churn or cohort analysis
- You have experience working very closely with marketing, and things like PPC or social advertising is very familiar
- You can point to the products or solutions you’ve built and the success that they’ve had
- You're outcomes focused – you have a bias for action to ensure we test and learn as we go, as well as making progress towards the big goals. There’s no time for perfection.
- You have experience working in a cross-functional team with engineers, designers etc
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.