Branding and Comms – Branding
At Zopa, we’re building the best place for money.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 13 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
We’re looking for an exceptional all-round Creative Lead to join a brand-new team tasked with creating industry disrupting campaigns across all Zopa channels, ensuring the customer experience is always first.
You’ll work with the Creative Director to develop and drive the brand forward, forming and shaping the vision and execution, plus inputting on the tone of voice. You’ll be an expert in your field, as this is a hands-on creative role, partnered with the Lead Copywriter, you’ll work as a team to personally craft and develop campaign ideas across the company; executing creative concepts across social media, video content, campaigns and branded content, plus a view over UX/UI. Placed centrally with the Zopa team structure, you’ll work across the whole organization, and provide mentorship and guidance to the designers placed within the Zopa Tribe structure. Extensive experience in creating dynamic and relevant customer focused content is a must. As is the drive, passion and experience to develop and shape a team.
We’re building a next generation bank with multiple products, and the journey will be an adventure. As part of a newly forming team, this role is hands on from the start and will develop over time as the team of creatives is built. This is a roll-your-sleeves-up and get stuck-in to whatever needs doing to move and shape the team and brand towards its goals. In return, the role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to shape and define one of the industry’s most innovative and forward-thinking companies.
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
- A rock steady support for the Creative Director for all things creative, developing the brand vision and influencing tone of voice along the way
- Juggling between numerous creative projects – brainstorming ideas for social content, helping to develop scripts, designing for advertising and campaigns – including print and digital, all the while working autonomously
- A hands-on, sleeves-up creative thinker and doer, capable of taking a creative brief and outputting disruptive creative solutions that work cross-platform
- Working closely with relevant parties to formulate ideas that strengthen our relationships with our customers
- Contributing to the achievement of the creative strategy and translating the overall creative direction into designs
- Partnering with other creative team members including copy and content to develop strong innovative creative concepts, ensuring brand consistency through visual and copy guidelines
- Continually developing and refining the brand vision for all customer and employer brand communications
- Guiding and mentoring designers within the business
- Liaising closely with the Creative Director and key team members during peak periods to help forecast crunch points in resource
- Seeking out and seizing opportunities as they arise
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all internal clients
- Continually looking to improve business working processes, looking for SMART ways to reduce both overall costs and efficiencies within the role
- Using post-campaign analysis to continuously improve campaigns
- Ensuring compliance with law (e.g. financial regulation, copyright and data protection)
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- A portfolio that not only shows great the creative you've made but also explains why and how you go about creating customer-centric, impactful ideas
- Extensive proven experience in developing commercially viable creative concepts and delivering to brief within an advertising/creative/design/communications team
- Proven ability to deliver to brief within a tracked CPA
- Knowledge and experience of marketing communications and extensive experience in collaborating with copy and content teams
- Experience in developing creative direction and influencing brand strategy
- ·Excellent creative crafting skills – ideas, typography, layout, colour, composition, materials
- Excellent Mac skills, fully conversant Adobe CS
- Excellent proven communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams in brief development and translation to concept
- Understanding of multi-channel influences on marketing communications and brand marketing
- Ability to manage and mentor talent
- Strong leadership skills and a true team player
- Extensive proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstration of accuracy, attention to detail and organization skills
- Knowledge of ASA guidelines
- Degree or equivalent education in Design Communication or related field
- Experience in the finance and/or tech industries and advantage
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- You’ll be a positive advocate of the Zopa brand vision and ToV internally and externally
- A desire to constantly push your own skill set
- That you’re a self-starter who’s efficient at time management
- The ability to work autonomously
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensations and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working